TOTNES CONNECTION HUB FOOD BANK • updated January 2019
What do we do?
Totnes Connection Hub Food Bank serves Totnes and the surrounding region. We offer one-off Emergency Food Parcels, as well as ongoing support for those who need it.
We get donations from Tesco Fair Share, Morrisons Collection Point and Food In Community.
If you need ongoing support, you will need to get a referral.
We currently accept referrals from the following organisations:
- Job Centre
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau
- South Hams District Council
- Daisy Play Centre
- Totnes C of E Team
- Devon Home Choice
- Caring Town Totnes
- South Hams Children’s Centre
- Family Advice Support Team
- Devon County Council
- Action for Children
• download a printable poster
Further information about the Totnes Connection Hub Food Bank
The Marketplace Ministries building continues to house the Drop In Food Bank and Transition Club. Jobs are advertised weekly and training offered. They have a suite of computers for people to use and learn to use. There is a free computer course running throughout August and a range of courses are run in conjunction with the POA throughout the year.
Because so much is going on under one roof, they have renamed the facility The Totnes Connection Hub in order to make it fully welcome to everyone in need whatever their need.
• there is a Teignmouth Connection Hub, too, which Marketplace Ministries has set up with the Council there in response to a rise in homelessness, this is just a couple of mornings and is held in Teignmouth Library.
Cleaning materials and toiletries are welcome for inclusion with the items which can be donated.
Suitable food donations could include:
- Rice, pasta, noodles, cereals and other dried foods
- Tinned soups (likewise tinned meat, vegetables and puddings)
- Sugar, tea, coffee, squash, UHT drinks, biscuits
- Other non perishables.
Tips: When you see a “Buy One Get One Free” – donate the free one! Or just buy an extra item anyway, everytime you go shopping.
NOTE: Fresh produce should be taken instead to the Drop In.
• please contact Liz Waterson if you need further information about donating items via the St Mary’s Church drop-off collection, on 01803 849345