Announcing St Mary’s and St John’s
REALLY BIG GRAND SUMMER FETE!
– a great day out for all
Saturday 2nd August 2014, from 10.30am
St Mary’s Church and grounds, High Street, Totnes
(in aid of St Mary’s and St John’s Churches)
PLEASE JOIN US at our Summer Fete to help raise funds needed for urgent repairs and for the preservation of both of our much loved Churches. Last year’s fantastically successful Summer Fete raised £1,756, let’s see if we can top that this year!
We are planning something for everyone:
• 10.30am onwards: live ORGAN MUSIC
• 12noon to 1pm: CONCERT by the Choir of St Mary’s*
• 1pm: OFFICIAL OPENING OF THE FETE
[*free entry anytime, stay for as long as you wish (retiring collection)]
Click the photos (from 2013) to view larger…
Stalls and other attractions will include:
Plants & Produce • Crafts • Pretty Things • Cakes • Bottle Raffle • Maypole
Games • South Hams Hawks & Owls • Totnes Town Band
Cream teas, homemade cake and proper coffee will be served all afternoon.
All this is takes place in the lovely grounds of St Mary’s Church, Totnes, on the High Street, just above Eastgate Arch.
• entry to the Church and the Fete is free; there are plenty of public car parks at the top of the town. Well-behaved dogs will be welcome in the grounds and we look forward to your company on the day
• there are lots more photos from last year’s Fete in the Galleries section – start here
• you can help promote this event by printing and displaying the A4 poster from our Downloads page
PLEASE HELP US IF YOU CAN…“we can’t do it without you!”
Friday 1st August 2pm to 5pm
FETE PREPARATION DAY
• Contact Lynne Birch on 01803 840259 or email Lynne.
PIctured: Behind the scenes bunting-making underway!
LAST YEAR the Cake Stall and Refreshments (with others) were good moneymakers, thanks to the generous donations of homemade cakes and scones by members of our congregations.
Diana and Jane will be heading up the cake stall, and Jenny and Sandra refreshments; this year we are working closely together.
• it would be a great help if you could give any one of us your pledges in advance, following Morning Service perhaps, and we will co-ordinate from there. The bottom line is, we can’t do it without you, so please bake us a cake!
• contact Sandra Nicholson on 01626 330049 or email Sandra.
If you’d like to leave your contributions to the bric à brac stall, bottles for the tombola or cakes for the refreshments or cake stall in St Mary’s Church, please do so on Friday afternoon, 1st August, from 2pm to 5 pm, when someone will be in the Church.
• cakes should be clearly designated ‘Cake Stall’ or ‘Refreshments’ – thanks!
Joy and Robin Hanson will once again be running the bottle stall. They will be grateful for donations of bottles (full!) of any kind – from shampoo to champagne! Due to the generosity of givers, the stall raised a good amount last year. They will collect, or you can bring your bottles to either Church on Sunday.
• contact Joy Hanson on 866422 or email Joy
• You can also help support this event by printing and displaying the A4 poster from our Downloads page.