Totnes Tourist Information Centre offers advice and information to those new to the area.
[the map on the right is from an 1827 map by Christopher Greenwood – click the map to enlarge]
The Parish & Priory Church of St. Mary was completed in 1450 and is at least the second church on this site, its predecessor being dedicated in 1259.
The Priory attached to the church was dissolved in the sixteenth century and was a cell of a Benedictine Abbey in Angers, France.
The Church of St. John the Evangelist, Bridgetown dates from 1832. It was built by the eleventh Duke of Somerset for the tenants of his estate and was a chapel of ease to Berry Pomeroy.