UPCOMING AND RECENTLY-ADDED EVENTS to look forward to…
Outdoors in early July is the Network Of Wellbeing‘s Community Picnic, plus our not-to-be-forgotten Grand Summer Fete at the start of August.
And indoors there’s another music event with Ian Curror – plus, in about a week’s time a chance for kids of all ages to hear the Exeter Chamber Choir sing Disney.
• full details of all upcoming events are here
• for those who like to fill their diaries way ahead, the bottom of our Events page resembles a PaintBall blitz, with forward dates for Messy Church 2016!
Saturday 4th July from 11am to 12noon
St Mary’s Church, Totnes
ORGAN RECITAL with Ian Curror
Passacaglia in C minor (BWV 582) J S Bach
Air (from Suite in G) J S Bach arr. A M Henderson
Three pieces for Musical Clock Josef Haydn
Choral Song and Fugue Samuel Sebastian Wesley
Canon in B minor Robert Schumann
Two movements from Symphonie III Louis Vierne:
Cantilène and Allegro maestoso
• full details here, including a biography of Ian Curror
New: Saturday 4th July at 7.30pm
St John’s Church, Bridgetown
EXETER CHAMBER CHOIR SUMMER CONCERT
Featuring choral arrangements and solo items from Disney songs – The Lion King, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, Mary Poppins and Go the Distance from Hercules – a great treat for ALL the family.
• tickets £8 for adults with free entrance for full-time students and accompanied children under 16, in advance from ECC Tickets, call Keith Wainwright on 01297 553 955
• more about Exeter Chamber Choir website
New: Sunday 5th July from 1.30pm to 3pm
at Follaton Arboretum
A lovely and informal opportunity to get together with neighbours and enjoy a simple act of community, friendship and fun, hosted by Network of Wellbeing.
Meeting point: by the gazebo / forest garden in Follaton Arboretum.
If you’d like to join the Forest Garden session from 10am to 1pm, you’re most welcome! (Photos on the facebook event page, see below.)
• bring some food to share, cutlery and a plate
• facebook event page
• further information: www.transitiontowntotnes.org/follaton-forest-garden
FUNDRAISING FEEDBACK – money collected at two recent events
The collection at our last Charity Sunday (24th May) was in aid of Sophie’s Fund. The total raised was £259, for which Sophie’s father William was extremely grateful.
• for information about Sophie’s Fund, click here
The total for the street collection in Christian Aid Week (Friday & Saturday, 15th & 16th May) was £684, plus another £360 in envelopes and other contributions from the Methodists, St. Mary’s and St. John’s – so a grand total of £1,044. When Gift Aid reclaim is added on, this brings us to £1,106.
• thank-you to all those who contributed and helped, especially with the street collection
COMMUNITY NEWS with Liz Waterson
WELL DONE to those who collected for and those who donated to the fundraising events below. Remember you can give food too…or, if you urgently need some food, see our Food Bank page and also the Family Lives post (see below) for information about Emergency Food Parcels.
• we have two pages detailing all sorts of help available, see here and here
Listening, supportive and non-judgmental.
Get advice and support whenever you need it.
Helpline: 0808 800 2222 or click here
Totnes Food Bank Support
Emergency Food Parcels (see also below)
Ring: 01803 840354
• we’ve also added this information to our Need help? page
Market Place Ministries & Giving Back
We now have a one-off Emergency Food Parcel Service run by Market Place Ministries and supported by the Giving Back scheme (run through some of our Cafés and Restaurants). It can be accessed to get immediate help whilst people get onto the Totnes Food Bank’s system. Each parcel will contain details of the Totnes Food Bank. Ring 01803 840354
Reminder: You can now bring your Food Bank donations to ANY Sunday service at St Mary’s Church. Many thanks to everyone who donates – your help is greatly appreciated.
Tuesday Afternoon House Group
The meetings on 30th June and 14th July will be at 4 Riverside Swallowfields – Mary Harris’ house. For further information email Liz Waterson on 01803 849345
Every third Thursday of the month at The Seven Stars between 10am and 12noon. Meet at the large table at the back, behind the bar, for coffee etc.
• contact Anne Binns for more information on 01803 840146
The Network of Wellbeing (NOW) has some exciting news, and we’d appreciate if you could help spread the word:
• we currently have a Communication and Events Intern vacancy!!! For more information, visit here
• our Totnes Wellbeing Fund is accepting applications until 1st July; to read more about this, click here
• on Sunday 5th July, we’ll be hosting another summer Community Picnic, from 1.30pm to 3pm at the Follaton Arboretum; for more details click here or visit our Facebook event page here.
Wishing all the best, Mirella Ferraz, Communication and Events Officer
For your diary:
Saturday 1st August time tbc
in & around St Mary’s Church, Totnes
ST MARY’S & ST JOHN’S 3rd GRAND SUMMER FETE
“Even bigger, even better”
The Fete committee members have been busily planning this year’s summer fete. The purpose of the Fete is twofold: to raise much needed funds, but first and foremost to reinforce the presence of the church within the town.
WE NEED EVERYONE’S HELP TO MAKE THE FETE A SUCCESS
We will soon be asking you for bottles for the bottle stall, raffle prizes, cakes, bric a brac, etc., so please start putting things aside now.
• further information from Lynne Birch on 01803 840259
• photos from the last two years’ fetes are here and here