newly added MUSIC EVENT – an afternoon concert to look forward to
NEW: Sunday 28th June at 3pm
St. John’s Church Bridgetown, Totnes
READING MALE VOICE CHOIR
Concert in aid of Totnes Caring
• tickets £7.50 from Totnes Caring or Totnes Information Centre (includes afternoon tea and cake after the concert)
• sponsored by Clarity Wealth Management
• see our Totnes Caring page here
new page: POSTCARDS – keeping in touch with people who’ve moved away
A new bulletin from Pip & Mike Shail has arrived, together with more sunshine-filled photographs
Dear Friends & Family,
Well, next week it will be June and we will have been in Spain the best part of 3 months already, we can hardly believe it! We are making progress with all the administrative bits and pieces that we have to complete and only have a few ends to tie up now……..
• read the full letter…
this year’s SUMMER FETE – you can help to make it happen!
For your diary:
Saturday 1st August
in & around St Mary’s Church, Totnes
ST MARY’S AND ST JOHN’S
3rd GRAND SUMMER FETE
“Even bigger, even better”
The Fete committee members have started to plan this year’s summer fete.
The purpose of the Fete is twofold: to raise much needed funds, but first and foremost to reinforce the presence of the church within the town.
WE NEED EVERYONE’S HELP TO MAKE THE FETE A SUCCESS.
Nearer the time we will be asking you for bottles for the bottle stall, raffle prizes, cakes, bric a brac etc., so please start putting things aside now.
• further information from Lynne Birch on 01803 840259
• photos from the last two years’ fetes are here and here
new page: TOTNES CARING – a new page for a local charity
We are pleased to add (under the Community menu) a new page for Totnes Caring, a local charity offering a range of useful and enjoyable services. Read about help you can get, activities you can join in with – or maybe you’d like to volunteer to work with them?
• also keep an eye on our Events page for Totnes Caring events and fundraisers
now online: PARISH NEWSLETTER – for those who haven’t read the print version
This issue includes:
- What Kind of Leader Will Lead Us?
– by the Reverend Deborah Parsons
- It’s Just a Thought – by the Reverend Cliff Berdinner
- Giving Back – a new initiative with coffee shops and restaurants
- A Pilgrim People – by the Right Reverend Nick McKinnel, Bishop of Crediton
- Living Faithfully – book review by Carolyn Stilwell
- Letter from Pip & Mike Shail – news with photos of their move to Spain in early 2015
- The Story of Justin (part 18) – by Helga Watts (see past newsletters for preceding parts of this epic tale)
- Messy Church – Carolyn Stilwell relates the story of the monthly family fun event
- Word for Today: Withdrawing in Order to Draw – another extract from UCB’s Word For Today booklet (available free in both churches), see also www.ucb.co.uk
- …and as always, Contact Details, Events, Adverts and Service Times