COMMUNITY NEWS with Liz Waterson
(left, click to enlarge) Pip & Mike Shail at their farewell party at St Mary’s Church before departing for sunny Spain. We hope to keep in touch with them now and then via this website.
• click here to email Pip & Mike
Nat West Charity Easter Egg Collection
A big thank you to the staff and customers of the Nat West in Totnes and to those who donate regularly to the Food Bank. We were able to give 40 Easter Eggs to the Food Bank and the Daisy Centre last week, just in time for the Easter Bunny to deliver!
Martin Harvey is now collecting the money saved over Lent for Water Aid. He asks everyone to bring either notes or a cheque (made out to Water Aid) rather than loose change. Martin will also have Gift Aid slips for taxpayers to maximise their donations. Coins can be exchanged for notes using the machine in the lobby of Morrisons, which makes everything easier. Many thanks for your contributions!
Crosspark Bookclub Meets again at St John`s Vicarage, Crosspark, Totnes TQ9 5BQ on Monday 13th April.
We shall be discussing the book Peaches for Monsieur Le Curé by Joanne Harris.
• more information contact Reverend Debbie Parsons on 01803 840113
Tuesday House Groups
The Tuesday afternoon House Group will meet on 14 April at 2pm at Mary Harris’s house 4 Riverside Swallowfields to discuss the next chapter of the Pilgrim Course on the Creeds. Further details from Liz Waterson 849345. Everyone is welcome!
The evening group will also meet next on 14 April. Further information: Carolyn Stilwell, 01803 863030.
The amount raised at the recent Charity Sunday for CHICKS was £360.32. Many thanks to everyone for giving Sarah Roberts such a warm welcome and for your very generous giving.
• read Sarah’s thank you letter on the noticeboards at St Mary’s and St John’s churches
• read more about CHICKS in an earlier blog post
PARISH NEWSLETTER the April issue is now online
This issue includes:
- The Need for Spaces in our Lives
– by the Reverend Julian C Ould
- It’s Just a Thought – by the Reverend Cliff Berdinner
- Painless Giving – report by Julian Hall
- We Are an Easter People – refocussing perspectives
- Walking the Road
- Search and Rescue
- The Story of Justin (part 17) – by Helga Watts (see past newsletters for preceding parts of this epic tale)
- Farewell to Pip & Mike Shaill – photo plus email address
- Word for Today: Prayer Must be Your Top Priority – another extract from UCB’s Word For Today booklet (available free in both Churches), see also www.ucb.co.uk
- …and as always, Contact Details, Events, Adverts and Service Times