Patricia Parker came and spoke to St Mary’s Church on one of our Charity Sundays a while ago, and her Kids for Kids charity is really worthwhile.
Which comes first, the Chicken or the Egg? Important question this Easter!
The answer is – a Chicken…….in Darfur!
Give a chicken to a grandmother in Darfur and she will be healthy – and you will feel healthier too! Instead of giving an Easter Egg here, give a chicken in Darfur and we will give you a special edition Easter Certificate*.
While our Goat Loans work miracles for children, herding a flock is too much for frail older people to manage, and so Kids for Kids gives them chickens instead!
You will really make a difference. Reports have been coming through loud and clear – Chickens transform lives. Life is hard in Darfur. Grandma Afaf said:
“For the first time in months I am eating good food. I have more energy and hope for the future. And I love my 7 little chicks which have just hatched!”
Imagine every grandparent in our 70 Kids for Kids villages having an egg to eat as we celebrate Easter in the UK – let’s go for it!
How to donate your Easter Chickens:
• Just 2 minutes now? Text CHIK15 £5 to 70070 and donate £5 and we will give a chicken to a grandmother in Darfur. Thank you!
• Need a healthy Easter Present here? Instead of a chocolate egg, how about donating 3 laying hens and a cockerel and we will send you a special edition Easter Certificate*. Simply donate £14 online and email us your details for the Certificate.
We will either send you a PDF that you can email or print off for your loved one or post it directly to them for you.
Perfect for…that friend on a health kick? …the Sunday school teacher? …a loved one with a big heart? …animal lovers? What a great way to celebrate Easter.
See below for the details we need.
Donating online is easy: mydonate.bt.com/charities/kidsforkids
• Moved to do more? Please do contact me if you would like to talk about project sponsorship, legacies, gifts in memoriam and regular giving options.
• Please share this email with anyone you think might like to read it – let’s get everyone clucking about chickens!
Patricia Parker MBE
Founder – Kids for Kids
CEO & Chairman of Trustees
Dorking RH4 2WS
*Easter Gift Certificate details – if you would like a Certificate please send us the following details to: email@example.com
1) Your name (as you would like it to appear on the certificate)
2) Recipient Name (as you would like it to appear on the certificate)
3) Donation reference: The fastest way is by online donation or bank transfer
a. Give online at Mydonate https://mydonate.bt.com/charities/kidsforkids
b. Transfer direct to Kids for Kids at: National Westminster Bank, Sort Code 60 07 02, Account Number 31670636 (bank transfers are free)
4) Email address or postal address to which you would like us to send the certificate