COMMUNITY NEWS with Liz Waterson
Carol regularly collects from my porch every Sunday for the Food Bank.
At the moment she is inundated with requests for food and so she thanks all our churches/groups for their generosity.
We will have £100 from the Care Gift Account (Totnes) to give to her once the cheque has cleared.
Christians Against Poverty has made up 30 Food Hampers for their clients, and the Care Gift Account sent £60 to CAP towards this.
We shall also send another £50 to CAP once a cheque has cleared and £50 to Mark (Totnes Drop In) towards the cost of mending his broken window – several churches in Totnes and surrounding parishes have also contributed towards this.
•If anyone wants to email Christians Against Poverty, contact details for the current Totnes representative, Fraser Nute, are now on the CAP page.
• PS Many thanks to the Quakers – I pick up their food collection when I go to open up on Fridays for Street Pastors and it is collected every Sunday from me.
Many thanks to the Happy Apple who again this year donated 200 oranges for the Christingle service on Christmas Eve.
Christmas Cards: there are ribbons hanging up in the foyer of St Mary’s Church, for Church friends to attach a Christmas Card with their greetings to each other, rather than sending lots of cards to individuals. The suggestion is that the money saved can then be given to a charity of your choice.
The Tuesday afternoon House Group will meet at Margaret Beckwith’s house Greystones in St John’s car park on Tuesday 6th January at 2pm. We will be looking at Chapters 13 and 14 of the Church in the Market Place by George Carey.
• everyone welcome, further details telephone Liz Waterson on 01803 849345
• more about House Groups here
The January 2015 Messy Church Newsletter is now online.
• more about Messy Church here
• next Messy Church is on Saturday 17th January from 3.30pm to 5.30pm, at St John’s Church, Bridgetown, theme: A Fresh Start.