CHRISTMAS TREE FESTIVAL 2014/5 (begins)
Tuesday 9th December until Tuesday 6th January
St Mary’s Church, Totnes
A message from Tony Gregg (Licensed Lay Minister, Totnes Team Ministry):
We are holding the festival again this year. As always there will be a host of trees decorated by local charities and organisations, usually with some kind of theme associated with the organisation.
• if any local organisations would like a tree and haven’t already contacted me, they can do so on 01803 813885
• view a gallery of photos from last year’s Christmas Tree Festival here
DATE CHANGE: The date of the last PUZZLING QUESTIONS meeting has been moved from 4pm-5.30pm on Sunday 23rd November to 2.pm-3.30pm on Sunday 16th November.
• the topic for discussion is What is the spiritual world & how does it impact my life?
NEW EVENT: Sunday 7th December from 6.30pm to 7.15pm
St John’s Church, Bridgetown
theme: Cloth for the Cradle
Come join this Sacred Space, a contemplative creative gathering, and share in the coming of the Light. The season and journey of Advent leads to an expectant time of waiting and preparation for Christmas, the birth of Jesus and new life. O come, O come, Emmanuel.
• download a printable poster here
THE MINCE PIE CHALLENGE!
We have been asked to provide mince pies for the Words for Voices with Devon Waites Christmas concert on Friday 19th December (see below) at St John’s Church, Bridgetown.
Half the profits from the evening will be going to St John’s and St Mary’s Churches and the other half will support a music school in Kampala.
We would also like to offer coffee and mince pies on the morning of the same day to parents and carers of children at St John’s School, after their Christmas service.
Our target is 200 mince pies! Home made preferred, but shop bought welcomed too! There is a list to sign at the back of St John’s Church and we would be delighted if you could offer to contribute 6 or a dozen, or more, mince pies for these events.
• please bring them to St John’s at 7pm on Thursday 18th December, or contact Carolyn Stilwell on 01803 863030
NEW EVENT: Friday 19th December at 7.30pm
St John’s Church, Bridgetown
CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS in Words and Music
In the Company of
Words For Voices & The Devon Waites
• more details and a printable poster now available, click here
TOTNES POUND News
Directory: businesses accepting Electronic t£s
Above are the businesses where you can spend your Totnes Pounds, and Issuing Points where you can buy Totnes Pounds with sterling. More are being added all the time – you can make sure your business is on the map by registering here.
• many of these businesses have special offers for customers who pay with Totnes Pounds, check them out here
• click here to email Totnes Pound with any questions
• see also our Totnes Pound page
ATMOS TOTNES HUB
The Atmos Totnes Hub is the first stage of the invitation to the community of Totnes to focus its collective aspirations on designing the future of the former Dairy Crest site. Over 400 people have already passed through, exploring the past, present and future of the site.
• the Atmos Totnes Hub is open until 6th December 2014, on Fridays from 10am to 7pm and Saturdays from 11am to 4pm
• Atmos Totnes Hub, is based at Station Yard at the end of Station Road, Totnes, TQ9 5JP (the road next to Totnes railway station, London side)
• read much more here