NEW: CHARITY SUNDAY feedback (Sunday 21st September 2014)
The collection for the Families For Children adoption charity raised £247.63.
• Anyone still wishing to donate or know more can visit the charity’s website.
Father Brian Tubbs is leading a pilgrimage to Rome and Assisi from 20th to 27th April 2015, flying from Bristol.
• for more information email Father Tubbs or telephone 01392 200506
Martin Harvey wishes to pass on special thanks to everyone involved in last weekend’s services at St Mary’s Church, Totnes (27th & 28th September), not least the sidespersons, coordinated by John Hawkins.
Many thanks for the extra work that both you in asking the sidespersons to volunteer and the huge amount of time and effort that the sidespersons put into the weekend’s activities, which helped tremendously in ensuring that both events went so well.
This has been an extraordinary weekend with some people appearing to be living in the church for most of the weekend and everyone’s efforts have been so much appreciated by all.
I believe it was a very successful weekend with the wedding being a very happy and wonderful occasion and the Archdeacon’s retirement service was I thought quite superb.
Would you please pass on my thanks to everyone for their dedication and help.
Dear Totnes team
I would like to thank you all for the cards and messages of support, and for those of you who were at the Cathedral last week for the Ordination service. Also very much for your generous gift of a book token, which I shall spend wisely! I have already bought a couple of books recommended by David Rowe, the Warden at Lee Abbey, who led our retreat jointly with Prebendary Peter Rapsey, former DDO of Bath and Wells, now living in Devon.
It was a wonderful day, the culmination of a long journey of five years study and formation. I have learnt so much during my time with the Totnes team; thank you for letting me learn with you, and for your patience and good humour throughout.
I will pray for all the Totnes parishes and their people as I now move on to the Dart Valley Mission Community team. Jan has kindly invited me to continue singing with St. Mary’s choir, so I will still be around.
Thank you! Marisa
OCTOBER NEWSLETTER now online
This issue includes:
- Changing Seasons – by the Reverend Debbie Parsons
- It’s Just a Thought – by the Reverend Cliff Berdinner
- Moving On – by Andrew Godsall, Mission Community Development Officer
- The Story of Justin (part 11) – by Helga Watts (see past newsletters for preceding parts)
- Pray, Act, Give – support for those persecuted in Iraq and Syria
- Archdeacon Retires – report on the retirement of the Venerable John Rawlings
- The Earth is the Lord’s – by Bishop Robert Atwell
- Word for Today: It’s Time to Take Action – another extract from UCB’s Word For Today booklet (available free in both Churches), see also www.ucb.co.uk
- Thank-yous – from Martin Harvey and also from Marisa
- …and as always, Contact Details, Events, Adverts and Service Times