[see earlier blog post for other recent Community news]
RIP TONY BOWHAY
Tony Bowhay was the Town Sergeant and also an Honorary Freeman of Totnes. It was an honour and privilege to hold his funeral service in St Mary’s Church, Totnes and our thoughts and prayers are with his widow Barbara and all the family at this time. Tony was a wonderful man and will be greatly missed.
• click the image to enlarge
FOOD in COMMUNITY
NEW EVENT: Saturday 11th October 12.30pm to 2.30pm
Methodist Church Hall
OUT TO LUNCH
an Open To All, Pay What You Can, Community Lunch
hosted by Food in Community CIC
• more about Food in Community here
NEW EVENT: Saturday 1st November 10am – 3.30pm (latest!)
St Luke’s Church, Buckfastleigh TQ11 0DA
EXPLAINING READER AND ORDAINED MINISTRY –
a day workshop
You are warmly invited to join us for this day. There will be some information on different ministries and training as well as some teaching about vocation. There will also be opportunity to meet some who people who are currently training and ask them questions.
• coffee will be served from 10am for a 10.20 start, please bring a packed lunch
• spouses and other ‘interested parties’ are most welcome
• for directions, please see here
• there are car parks within easy walking distance of the Church.
• enquiries contact Philip Sourbut on 01392 817296 or email Philip
TOTNES DROP IN
UPDATE: DROP IN OPENING TIMES
The Drop In is open Monday to Friday 9.30am – 12.30pm. Closed Saturday and open after Church (12noon) on Sundays. Mark’s Church meets in the Market Place Ministries building opposite the Drop In and the service starts at 10.30am.
Mark is away in Kenya with his charity, Our Daily Bread, until the last week in October. He has cover for the Drop In during this time and his wife Georgie is overseeing things. Please remember Mark and Georgie in your prayers.
TUESDAY AFTERNOON HOUSE GROUP meets again on 14th October at 2pm at Greytones – Margaret Beckwith’s house
• further details from Liz Waterson on 01803 849345 or email Liz
• more about Groups & Meetings here
NETWORK OF WELLBEING
NEW EVENT: Friday 17th October 5pm to 8pm
Totnes Methodist Church Hall
Family Potluck Supper
provided by Network of Wellbeing
You are warmly invited to a free shared meal with our local community.
After the summer break, the Community Potluck is now back in Totnes. Hosted by the Network of Wellbeing (NOW), this is a regular free and family-friendly event that aims to bring the community together, share a meal, connect with each other and have fun.
• please bring some food (preferably local) to share.
• alcohol-free event
• for further information email Network of Wellbeing or telephone 01803 849107