CLERGY ROTAS / SERVICE CHANGES
UPCOMING EVENTS (see Events page for more)
Sunday 6th July at 2pm
St Mary’s Church, Totnes
presented by EKATERINA SHETLIFFE
Features a performance of piano learners of different levels from beginners to advanced.
• admission free (voluntary donation to the Church)
• teas and coffees available
• download the printable A4 poster
Sunday 6th July 6.30pm to 7.15pm
St John’s Church, Bridgetown
Next SACRED SPACE meeting
A continuing initiative of St Mary’s and St John’s churches, held bi-monthly – an opportunity for alternative and creative worship. Topic this time: Living Stones.
These Spaces may particularly suit anyone who finds they do not relate to conventional, traditional forms of worship but who is looking for different ways to encounter God and to respond to a sense of the Holy.
• for more information, email Reverend Debbie Parsons or telephone Debbie on 01803 840113
• help promote this series of events by displaying the posters
SUNDAY LUNCHES – venue correction
The roast lunches on the first Sunday in the month are at the Albert Inn, Bridgetown, not the Prince Albert as previously published. Apologies for any confusion.
• if you’d like to join in, let the organisers know in advance
• more details are on the Groups & Meetings page
• Albert Inn’s own website
JUNE PARISH NEWSLETTER now online
This issue features a focus on energy, including:
- The Exeter Diocesan Position Statement on Energy
- Totnes Renewable Energy Society (TRESoc)
- Poem: To whom does energy belong – by Matt Harvey
Other content in this issue:
- The Weddings Season by Reverend Julian C Ould
- It’s Just a Thought by Reverend Cliff Berdinner
- A Dementia-Friendly Church – article from the Diocese of Exeter
- Making a Difference: How women are changing politics and ministry by Reverend Becky Totterdell
- Nothing Can Separate Us from God by Nick McKinnel, Bishop of Crediton
- The Story of Justin (part 7) by Helga Watts (see past newsletters for preceding parts)
- Word for Today: Whose ‘Report’ Will You Believe? – another extract from UCB’s Word For Today booklet (available for free from both Churches), see also www.ucb.co.uk
- Why Pentecost Makes Christ Accessible by Reverend Richard Bewes
- Facing Up To Our Giants – Paul Hardingham continues his series on the life of David
- Build-Relationships.net by Chris Grimshaw
- …and as always, Contact Details, Events, Adverts and Service Times
To download in pdf format right-click HERE (ctrl+click Mac) Or click on the thumbnail to read online.
• remember you can advertise in the newsletter
• back issues of the newsletter are also available here