For your diary: Saturday 2nd August 2014
St Mary’s Church, Totnes
St Mary’s & St John’s Churches’
REALLY BIG GRAND SUMMER FETE!
Last year’s fantastically successful Summer Fete raised £1,756, let’s see if we can top that this year! More details as they become available.
• Want to be involved? Contact Lynne Birch on 01803 840259 or email Lynne
• First meeting will be on Tuesday 25th February – fuller details are below.
The last meeting date for both groups before the Lent Course was 25th February, 2pm at 4 Riverside, Swallowfields, or 7.30pm at 3 Sparrow Road.
• Everyone is welcome!
• For further details, contact Liz Waterson on 01803 849345 or Carolyn Stilwell on 01803 863030
For your diary: TOTNES STREET PASTORS SPECIAL SERVICE
Sunday 1st June at 4pm
St John’s Church, Bridgetown
We will be holding a Totnes Street Pastor Commissioning Service for Pastor Mark Hatch, Matt Gopal, Susan Vaughan and Ann King.
Ros Ede (Torbay Street Pastors and Ascension Trust Rep) will be commissioning them.
• You are all most welcome to join us
• The Spring 2014 Totnes Street Pastors newsletter can be downloaded here
WASHING MACHINE NEEDED
Do you have an unwanted washing machine in good working order? If so, please contact Jan Hamilton, South Hams Centre Manager of Christians Against Poverty, as soon as possible.
• Jan’s phone number is 0759 9423670
HELP NEEDED: ST MARY’S FLOWERS
Volunteers are still needed for the new flower arrangers’ rota, so please fill up the gaps!
• Contact Joan Caskey on 01803 863018
NEWS UPDATE from the NETWORK of WELLBEING
The above video was recorded in the last edition of the Festival of Wellbeing and features an inspiring interview with Rowan Williams – Anglican Bishop, theologian, former Archbishop of Canterbury and Chair of Christian Aid Board.
• The Network of Wellbeing‘s next event is the Community Potluck (see below); they are looking for volunteers to help set up the venue and clear up afterwards.
• Also if you can offer help with the decoration (have you got any spare fairy lights?), or with activities for children or live music, please, get in touch (contact details are here).
• See also the newly-updated Network of Wellbeing page