NEXT SPECIAL SERVICE: Sunday 17th November 2013, 9.30 am
St John’s Church, Bridgetown
Charity Sunday for SENSE
Supporting adults and children who are deafblind
Joint Service: St Mary’s and St John’s congregations combined.
• There’ll be no 11.15am service at St Mary’s Church on this Sunday
• More details on the Events page.
BEHIND THE SCENES we’ve been rearranging this website a little, to hopefully make some sections more intuitive; a case of things falling more naturally into place.
• The Community section has become so busy that it deserves a place of its own, rather than being tucked somewhere under Events… there are probably still a few loose ends in this new section, so bear with us for a short while.
The EVENTS PAGE is filling up with things happening in November and December.
- Next music event is the Divertimento concert, Friday 1st November, 7.30pm at St Mary’s Church. You can help promote this event by downloading, printing and displaying the poster.
- We now have TWO new posters on our Downloads page for the Amala Fest on Saturday 16th November. Help make this event huge by printing and displaying them.
CHRISTMAS is on the horizon, we have details of the Christmas Fayre at St John’s Church, and also early notice of the Rectory Christmas Party.
- All offers of help would be greatly appreciated for the Christmas Fayre. Please contact John Halliday on 01803 867234, or email John.
The OCTOBER NEWSLETTER is now online and ready to download – full, as always, of good stuff, including:
- Greatness by the Reverend Julian C Ould
- Liz Waterson writes about Totnes Drop In Centre, Network of Wellbeing and Christians Against Poverty
- What is Your Love Language by Chris Grimshaw
- Whole Life Discipleship: ‘Growing Up Normal’ by Paul Hardingham
- Never Bet Against the Church by Prebendary Richard Bewes
- The Way I See It: A Miracle Drug? by David Winter
- The Stained Teapot by Lester Amann
- Keep Growing – another extract from UCB’s Word For Today booklet (available for free from both Churches)
- And the usual contact details and regular service times
You can download or read the Newsletter here, along with recent back issues.
MANY MORE PHOTOS have arrived in the Galleries section:
THANKS FOR CARING: Gina and Peter Rogers would like to say a big thank you to those kind people who phoned, called, sent flowers and enquired after Gina‘s health after her nasty fall. Recovery is slow but hopefully sure.